With Ancestral Farming Practices, “Human Beings Can Be a Blessing to the Earth
On “ Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg ,” Leah Penniman , co-founder and Co-Director of Soul Fire Farm in Grafton, NY, outlines a plan for justice for people of color that requires more than equality. “If we imagine that somehow we're now all on a level playing field, and we only now start treating everyone equally and fairly, thinking that would fix the problem of racism, we are really misguided,” says Penniman.
You can listen to “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg” on Apple iTunes , Stitcher , Google Play Music , or wherever you consume your podcasts. While you're listening, subscribe, rate, and review the show; it would mean the world to us to have your feedback.
The solution, says Penniman, must reflect on a history of discrimination against farmers of color. While in 1910, black farmers owned 14 percent of the land, ownership dropped to only 1 percent of land after targeted lynching, racist violence, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's discriminatory policies. “Reparation is all about giving the land...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- The Rediscovered Food Initiative Empowers Communities With Neglected Crops
- Maxfield Kaniger's Kanbe's Markets: A Piece for the Food Insecurity Puzzle
- Cold Conundrum? Getting Nutritious Food to More People in Ethiopia
- Canada's Revised Food Guide Makes Plant-forward Suggestions
- Global Changemakers Meet in Atlanta to Address Food Security
- Climate Labels on Food to Become a Reality in Denmark
- Celebrating A Diversity of Opinions Is Key to Collaboration, Says Erin Fitzgerald
- The Youth, The Countryside, and The Future: Agri-Tech Centre in Cambodia
- 10 Orgs Highlighting the True Cost of Food
- A New Global Agriculture: Using Big Data to Bring Farmers Together
- Stephanie Race: Preparing for Future Farming Hurdles Requires Multidisciplinary Data
- Opinion | Why We Need Organic for All?
- 10 Plant Forward Cookbooks that Make Greener Eating Easier
- Eating Local Just Got Easier for Some North American Cities
- 2023 Will be the International Year of Millets
- New Study Identifies Innovations to Improve Nutrition in Just 5 Years
- Creating Boozy Beverages from Food Waste: 10 Brewers Doing it Right
- Rallying the Troops: Farmers Around the U.S. Head to Iowa to Call for Better Agricultural Policy
- Malnutrition: A Global Problem That Requires a Global Solution
- Opinion | A Farmer's Transformation
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
Hawaiian Chicken Tacos! Juicy pineapple and spiced crispy chicken, tucked into tortillas, and rolled up with creamy jalapeño ranch slaw.
Asparagus Salad-Lemon Chia Dressing
A light and colorful spring salad of asparagus, romaine, and radishes, topped with a low-calorie, creamy vegan dressing.
Homemade enchilada sauce
Homemade enchilada sauce made from scratch - so easy to make!! It only takes a couple of minutes, and makes incredible enchiladas!
Paleo Cookie Dough Ice Cream
This Paleo Cookie Dough is healthy and delicious! Creamy, sweet ice cream full of chunks of cookie dough. Vegan, nut free, and dairy free.
Key Lime Yogurt Pie
This easy Key Lime Yogurt Pie is a cross between a key lime pie and a key lime cheesecake with a light, creamy filling that is sweet and tart, made with key lime juice, yogurt...
Recipe: Breakfast Deviled Eggs
These are stuffed with yolks whipped with cream cheese - creamy and rich, hinting of your favorite bagel.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
My award winning chili has now been converted for your Instant Pot! Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili is creamy, spicy and the best in town!
Recipe: Easy 5-Ingredient Mini Quiche Cups
You can fill them with any combination of veggies, meat, and cheese.
This Homemade Pizza Dough recipe makes the perfect pizza crust every time! It calls for basic pantry ingredients and it's freezer-friendly.
Moist lemon coconut cake
This moist lemon coconut cake is dairy-free, egg-free, vegan and super easy to create! Easter edition with free cake stencil download.