With Ancestral Farming Practices, “Human Beings Can Be a Blessing to the Earth
On “ Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg ,” Leah Penniman , co-founder and Co-Director of Soul Fire Farm in Grafton, NY, outlines a plan for justice for people of color that requires more than equality. “If we imagine that somehow we're now all on a level playing field, and we only now start treating everyone equally and fairly, thinking that would fix the problem of racism, we are really misguided,” says Penniman.
You can listen to “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg” on Apple iTunes , Stitcher , Google Play Music , or wherever you consume your podcasts. While you're listening, subscribe, rate, and review the show; it would mean the world to us to have your feedback.
The solution, says Penniman, must reflect on a history of discrimination against farmers of color. While in 1910, black farmers owned 14 percent of the land, ownership dropped to only 1 percent of land after targeted lynching, racist violence, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's discriminatory policies. “Reparation is all about giving the land...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- The World Now Has Universal Health and Sustainability Targets
- Opinion | The Wrong Conversation about Trump's Tariffs
- Tucson Nonprofit Preserves Indigenous Foods
- Rural Migration and the Changing Face of Agriculture
- Dariush Mozaffarian: Academic Institutions Need to Act for the Food System
- Students are Building Food Recovery Across the U.S
- 19 Organizations Turning Food Waste Into Food Justice
- Greening Uganda: Restoring Native Forest Cover To Increase Local Resilience
- Uniting African Farmers Through Social Media
- Bigger Data, Smaller Farms: The Role of Big Data in Sustainable Intensification
- Samuel Fromartz: More Voices Are Exposing the Food System
- The World Food Program: Fighting Hunger With Blockchain
- 119 Organizations to Watch in 2019
- Sustainable Intensification May Be the Future of Agriculture
- 10 Awesome Austin Orgs Bringing Better Food to Schools
- Let's Look Forward Together: Food Tank in 2019
- Future Family Farmers Help Communities Grow
- Food Tank Wraps Up 2018 With Exciting News for 2019
- “Take Back Our Democracy By Getting People Involved In Political Work”
- Opinion | Five Zero Food Waste Bloggers Who Are Killing It By Saving It
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
4 Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
We're cooking up 4 delicious healthy chicken salad recipes, which are all made from a yogurt base and are excellent for meal prep. From southwest chicken salad to cranberry...
Instant Pot Takikomi Gohan 炊き込みご飯
This Instant Pot Takikomi Gohan is Japanese mixed rice with chicken and vegetable pressure cooked in a savory dashi broth. It makes a delicious and quick weeknight...
Easy Tomato Soup
This delicious creamy easy tomato soup recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and 6 simple ingredients. vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.
Paleo Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse
This sweet potato chocolate mousse is a chocolate-lover's heaven and is paleo, vegan, Whole30 compliant, and sugar-free!
Easy Vegetarian Microwave Nachos
These easy nachos are vegetarian, gluten-free, and take only seconds to make if you use store-bought pico de gallo and refriend beans.
Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
These Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites are a great low-carb snack or appetizer.
Vegan Maple Granola
Delicious vegan Maple Granola that is sweet, golden & full of crunchy clusters. Only 9 ingredients & super easy to prep!
How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
I love cookie dough. Love it - I mean, I like a warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven as much as the next guy, but more often than not I will make these...
Skinnytaste Meal Plan
A free 7-day flexible weight loss meal plan including breakfast , lunch and dinner and a shopping list. All recipes include calories and Weight Watchers Freestyle™...
Vegan Roasted Pepper Tomato Soup
Vegan & Gluten-Free Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato, & Quinoa soup! You blend the quinoa in so it's delicious AND filling!