With Ancestral Farming Practices, “Human Beings Can Be a Blessing to the Earth
On “ Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg ,” Leah Penniman , co-founder and Co-Director of Soul Fire Farm in Grafton, NY, outlines a plan for justice for people of color that requires more than equality. “If we imagine that somehow we're now all on a level playing field, and we only now start treating everyone equally and fairly, thinking that would fix the problem of racism, we are really misguided,” says Penniman.
You can listen to “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg” on Apple iTunes , Stitcher , Google Play Music , or wherever you consume your podcasts. While you're listening, subscribe, rate, and review the show; it would mean the world to us to have your feedback.
The solution, says Penniman, must reflect on a history of discrimination against farmers of color. While in 1910, black farmers owned 14 percent of the land, ownership dropped to only 1 percent of land after targeted lynching, racist violence, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's discriminatory policies. “Reparation is all about giving the land...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Building a Borderless Food System in San Diego and Tijuana
- Opinion | Cutting Waste & Keeping Food Fresh with Packaging Made from Plants
- World Diabetes Day: The Food System and Human Health
- 10 Chefs Bringing Forgotten Grains Back to Life
- Large Companies Are “More Open Than I've Ever Seen Before” to Food System Change
- “Farming Is Who I Am”
- 30+ Food Leaders Convene in San Diego
- From Soil to Supper-Technology and the Food System
- At Organic Valley, Organic Takes Care of the Land and Farmers
- Can Measuring Evaporation Help Farmers Save Water?
- Earth Care, People Care, Fair Share: 19 Approaches to Permaculture Around the World
- Creating a Data Democracy in Agricultural Research
- 2018 NYC Food Tank Summit: Fireside Chat with Tim Ma and Gabriele Corcos
- Can Wasting Less Food Between the Farm and Consumer Improve Nutrition?
- Food Loves Tech Expo Brings the Future to Tastebuds
- We Need a New Economy: An Economy in Service to Life, Says Lovins
- 2018 NYC Food Tank Summit: Improving Food Recovery Panel
- 25 Organizations Growing Change in the San Diego Food Ecosystem
- 2018 NYC Food Tank Summit: Fireside Chat with Marion Nestle
- Transparency is Key for Food System Leadership, Says Whitmore
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Pasta
Instant Pot creamy Sweet Potato Pasta - even my two year old loved it!
Chipotle Citrus Thanksgiving Turkey
This Chipotle Citrus Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe is juicy, tender and roasted to golden perfection for the best holiday feast!
Jackfruit is an amazing replacement for vegan and vegetarian recipes. And this gluten free taco is delicious and very easy to make.
Mushroom Stir Fry
Tasty and filling this vegan Mushroom Stir Fry with broccoli and pepper is ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for an easy weeknight!
Cranberry-Pear Baked Brie
This easy Cranberry-Pear Baked Brie with Pecans, rosemary and lemon is the perfect Holiday appetizer!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
Moist, fluffy and perfectly spiced Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins are made with whole, real ingredients!
There's No Copyrighting Taste, Rules EU Court In Dutch Cheese Case
Unlike literary or musical works, the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled, the taste of a food depends on who's tasting it.
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Easy, crispy and crunchy- these roasted veggies are the definitive snack or side dish for folks with a salty tooth!
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Vegan Curry
This Instant Pot sweet potato vegan curry is made in no time and with ingredients, you probably already have on hand! So grab your Instant Pot because you'll never want to make...
Apple Hand Pies
Perfectly mini-sized, crispy, flaky pie crust filled with the juiciest cinnamon-apple filling you've every had... Who could resist?