Vote with Your Fork, But Also With Your Vote, Says Nestle
On “ Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg ,” consumer advocate, nutritionist, and author of six prize-winning books Marion Nestle uncovers the causes food waste at the Second Annual NYC Summit on Food Waste and Food Loss. “The root cause of food waste isn't what you do in your kitchen. It isn't even what grocery stores do, or what restaurants do,” says Nestle. “The root cause is overproduction in our food system. We need a new food system!”
You can listen to “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg” on Apple iTunes , Stitcher , Google Play Music , or wherever you consume your podcasts. While you're listening, subscribe, rate, and review the show; it would mean the world to us to have your feedback.
“If we're going to do something about food waste, we have to do something about the food system,” says Nestle. The food system provides 4,000 calories per person each day, according to Nestle. “We're not paying the externalized costs of food production at the supermarket,” says Nestle. “We pay for them in environmental cleanup....
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Meal Kit Deliveries Can Optimize the Food System, Says Uwe Voss
- Edible Acres at Powell Gardens Feed and Educate Students to Chefs
- Regenerative Organic Systems Perform Better Beyond the Field-Jeff Tkach
- Seafood Processing Water Can Help Supply the World with Protein
- The World Now Has Universal Health and Sustainability Targets
- Opinion | The Wrong Conversation about Trump's Tariffs
- Tucson Nonprofit Preserves Indigenous Foods
- Rural Migration and the Changing Face of Agriculture
- Dariush Mozaffarian: Academic Institutions Need to Act for the Food System
- Students are Building Food Recovery Across the U.S
- 19 Organizations Turning Food Waste Into Food Justice
- Greening Uganda: Restoring Native Forest Cover To Increase Local Resilience
- Uniting African Farmers Through Social Media
- Bigger Data, Smaller Farms: The Role of Big Data in Sustainable Intensification
- Samuel Fromartz: More Voices Are Exposing the Food System
- The World Food Program: Fighting Hunger With Blockchain
- 119 Organizations to Watch in 2019
- Sustainable Intensification May Be the Future of Agriculture
- 10 Awesome Austin Orgs Bringing Better Food to Schools
- Let's Look Forward Together: Food Tank in 2019
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken
5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Marinades + how to serve them!
GF Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins
These Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins are sweet and fruity, super easy to make and free from sugar!
Whole 30 Sheet Pan Dinner
This Whole30 Chicken Thighs sheet pan dinner is an entire flavorful, healthy, and easy to make meal on one single sheet pan!
A healthy raw vegan side dish made with cauliflower, garlic, herbs and sun dried tomatoes.
Vegan Lentil Soup with ginger
A steaming bowl of soup that's good for the soul and the body. Lemony lentils with ginger and turmeric- a perfect winter warmer.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Banana Bread - Vegan and Gluten Free!
Cream of Garlic and Onion Soup
Cream of garlic and onion soup. Just remember, if you're planning on kissing after dinner you'll need to share...
Eggless Sponge Cake Video Recipe
Best Ever Egg Free Sponge Cake with Video Tutorial!
Heathy Sloppy Joes
Healthy Sloppy Joes are made with lean ground beef, low-sugar ketchup & BBQ sauce and low-fat cheese. Indulgent without the guilt!
Vegan Curried Lentil Soup
Vegan Curried Lentil Soup with kale, sweet potatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, and spices.