Sustainable Food Systems Needed for Food Security
Dr. Walter Pengue is an agricultural engineer specializing in improving plant genetics ecological economics, and agroecology. He is on the Steering Committee for and is a chapter author of the new report from The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity for Agriculture and Food. This report evaluates the world's agriculture and food systems while considering a range of social, human, and environmental dimensions across the value chain.
Dr. Pengue helped found the Argentine/Uruguayan Association of Ecological Economics , the Ibero-American Network of Ecological Economics , and the Latin American Scientific Society of Agroecology. He is a Member of the Board of Directors of the International Society for Ecological Economics , Professor of Ecology at the Periurban Institute at the Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento , and Director of the Postgraduate Specialization on Ecological Economics at the University of Buenos...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- From Bean to Bar: Ghanaian Chocolate Companies Chasing a Billion-Dollar Gap
- Tech Startup Changing Food Aid in Liberia
- Cultivating Resilience to Climate Change
- Climate Smart Agriculture Techniques Spread Beyond Senegal with New Regional Center
- How One Artist Is Designing Installations for Rising Sea Levels
- Chefs Serve Hospital Food That's Better for Patients, Employees-and the Planet
- In Bangladesh, Refugees Face Food Insecurity and Monsoon Season
- Modern Agricultural Practices “Contribute to Food Insecurity Instead of Solving it”
- Indigenous Peoples Are Vital for Food System Stability
- Opinion | Getting Creative - How City Farmers Find Space to Do Their Jobs
- Going Forward By Going Back: An Excerpt from Nourished Planet
- Building the Foundation for Health: An Excerpt from Nourished Planet
- Building a Big Data Platform for Agriculture
- Recipes for Sustainability, Meal by Meal
- An Equitable and Ethical Meal Needs Diverse Stakeholders at the Table
- Gotham Greens Expands to Baltimore
- Tackling Food Insecurity Through Sustainable Gardens
- Buzzing for British Honey: Emily Abbott Stresses the Importance of Local Products
- Respecting the Value of Food: Eating What We Grow
- 15 Organizations Creating Edible Landscapes
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 9-inch layer cake, serving 12 to 14 This a great cake with which to celebrate during the summer! The flavor of lemon against cream cheese frosting cannot be beaten. If...
Snickers No Machine Ice Cream
Hey y'all,In this instructable I want to share a delicious homemade no machine ice cream recipe with a snickers kick!Here's a video tutorial of the process: Ingredients & Tools...
Paleo Whole30 Thai Basil Beef
Easy Paleo Whole30 Keto Thai Basil Beef Stir-Fry with crunchy bell peppers, naturally sweet, and savory stir-fry sauce.
Gluten Free Applesauce Spice Cake
Gluten Free Applesauce Spice Cake with Raisins is a lovely, moist coffee cake for you to enjoy as a snack or for school lunch.
Heirloom Tomato & Vegan Pesto Toast
Roasted Heirloom Tomato & Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto on sourdough toast. Nothing screams summer more than this perfect toast!
A Feature-Length Anthony Bourdain Documentary Is in the Works at CNN
The movie might land on the big screen as early as next year Anthony Bourdain's life story is getting the big-screen treatment courtesy of CNN, the entertainment company that...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Deliciously thick and creamy banana smoothie that is loaded with chocolate and peanut butter flavour!
Creamy Yogurt Ice Cream
Have failed making yogurt ice cream before? Just follow the recipe and some tricks, and you will have smooth and rich ice cream.
KETO CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Do you know how to make cream cheese frosting without powdered sugar? It's so easy! This delicious, low carb keto cream cheese frosting