Sustainable Food Systems Needed for Food Security
Dr. Walter Pengue is an agricultural engineer specializing in improving plant genetics ecological economics, and agroecology. He is on the Steering Committee for and is a chapter author of the new report from The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity for Agriculture and Food. This report evaluates the world's agriculture and food systems while considering a range of social, human, and environmental dimensions across the value chain.
Dr. Pengue helped found the Argentine/Uruguayan Association of Ecological Economics , the Ibero-American Network of Ecological Economics , and the Latin American Scientific Society of Agroecology. He is a Member of the Board of Directors of the International Society for Ecological Economics , Professor of Ecology at the Periurban Institute at the Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento , and Director of the Postgraduate Specialization on Ecological Economics at the University of Buenos...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Opinion | Amid Growing Hunger and Obesity, the Right to Food Needs a New Approach for Sustainable Development
- 7 Ways to Say ‘I Love You' Without the Waste on VDay
- Private Compost Haulers are Emptying Landfills and Changing Minds - One Bucket at a Time
- Celebrating Women in Science: Eight Women Breaking Ground in Agriculture
- Making Food More Equitable in Dayton
- It Takes a Village to Support a Young Farmer-Lindsey Lusher Shute
- Celebrate Hummus and Falafel on February 10th LovePulses
- Technology May Change The Entire Food System For Good and Bad: Refresh
- Opinion | Investment in Agriculture and the Race to the Bottom
- Sowing the Seeds of Change: Integrating Education and Agriculture in Rural Nepal
- Crop Modeling May Help Pave the Way to Increased Food Availability
- Opinion | Green New Deal Must Transform Our Food System to Save Our Climate
- 21 Organizations Transforming Australia's Food System
- Opinion | Salsa for Social Impact
- Ensure Tech for Better Food Says James Collins of DowDuPont, Corteva Agriscience
- Millet and Sorghum are Climate-Smart Grains for Farmers in Chad
- Effects of U.S. Shutdown Widen Throughout the Food System
- Meal Kit Deliveries Can Optimize the Food System, Says Uwe Voss
- Edible Acres at Powell Gardens Feed and Educate Students to Chefs
- Regenerative Organic Systems Perform Better Beyond the Field-Jeff Tkach
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
An easy instant pot soup with pulled chicken breast, carrots, corn and wild rice with a thicken and creamy chicken broth.
Sweet potato baked fries
Delicious and spicy sweet potato baked fries with cashew nuts dip
Low Carb Baked Omelet
The whole family will enjoy this protein-packed Low Carb Baked Omelet. It's also a great make-ahead breakfast for hectic mornings!
Bar Rescue - Chilleen's on 17 Update
Kid Chilleen's appeared on Bar Rescue in April of 2013 and was renamed to Chilleen's on 17 during the episode and the bar has kept the name. This episode was most known for...
Drink of the Week: Day Wines 2015 Running Bare
As founder of the online directory and wine club Woman-Owned Wineries , Amy Bess Cook has the opportunity to meet winery owners and producers across America. Currently, she's...
Peanut butter Chocolate energy bite
These peanut butter chocolate energy balls are light on calories but pack a big flavor into one bite.
Vegan mint chocolate tart
An AfterEight vegan tart alias, mint chocolate vegan tart! Also free from sugar and gluten.
Agave Junction Cantina From Bar Rescue Has Closed
Agave Junction Cantina in Norwalk, California which appeared on Bar Rescue in 2014 has closed. The bar closed in September of 2018 and they posted the following message on...
Shift Drink: Celebrating National “Drink Wine” Day at Tria
As an industry worker zipping around on your feet all day, the best part of the day is enjoying a shift drink: a post-work alcoholic beverage to decompress, take a load off...
Valentine's Day Wafer Treats
Whether you are baking something homemade for your sweetie or to bring to the office, you can't go wrong with valentine's day wafers!