Sustainable Food Systems Needed for Food Security
Dr. Walter Pengue is an agricultural engineer specializing in improving plant genetics ecological economics, and agroecology. He is on the Steering Committee for and is a chapter author of the new report from The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity for Agriculture and Food. This report evaluates the world's agriculture and food systems while considering a range of social, human, and environmental dimensions across the value chain.
Dr. Pengue helped found the Argentine/Uruguayan Association of Ecological Economics , the Ibero-American Network of Ecological Economics , and the Latin American Scientific Society of Agroecology. He is a Member of the Board of Directors of the International Society for Ecological Economics , Professor of Ecology at the Periurban Institute at the Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento , and Director of the Postgraduate Specialization on Ecological Economics at the University of Buenos...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Journalism Key To Exposing the Food System
- Opinion | Foraging in the Wake of MeToo
- Vote with Your Fork, But Also With Your Vote, Says Nestle
- On World Food Day, Take a Holistic Approach to Food Production
- Chefs are Going Back to their Roots for Local, Sustainable Foraged Foods
- Rethinking the Meat We Eat: An Excerpt from Nourish Planet
- Flavor For All by Democratizing Better Seeds
- National Farm-to-School Month: Highlighting 30 Innovative Programs from Across the Globe
- Solving Hunger Depends on Cross-Camp Debates
- Urban Farming Organization Visualizes a Franchise Model to Produce Fresh Fish and Vegetables
- Aquaculture Program Integrates South African Disabled Farmers into Mainstream Economy
- Agricultural Intelligence: What AI Can Do for Smallholder Farmers
- In case you missed it: Watch the NYC Food Tank Summit on Food Loss and Food Waste
- With Ancestral Farming Practices, “Human Beings Can Be a Blessing to the Earth
- For Migrant Farm Workers, “There's No End to the Organizing That Needs to Be Done”
- 28 Inspirational People Working to Reduce Food Waste
- A Local Food Revolution in Puerto Rico
- Farming the Cities: An Excerpt from Nourished Planet
- Ditch the Discounts This Coffee Day
- “Protecting our future starts with protecting our food supply”
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Two Cup Tuesday Linky No.143
I am going through a change - a transformation - I'm a chrysalis waiting to turn into a butterfly. For several months I've been mulling over the idea of merging Pint Sized...
Two Cup Tuesday Linky Party No.144
How is it October already? My summer tan is fading and the down comforter is back on the bed. Halloween is quickly approaching, followed by Thanksgiving and then Christmas is...
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
A moist and tender PSL bread filled with chocolate chips! It's pumpkin spice latte season and the other day while I was enjoying a cup along with a slice of pumpkin bread I...
Turkey Pie. making the best of Christmas Leftovers
Turkey Pie - Cherry Blossom Table Pictures! Hi... how was your Christmas this year? Hope it was delicious and happy! Mine was quiet and nice - the way i wanted it this year...
Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Apples
Apples covered in homemade caramel, dipped in chocolate and finished with sea salt.
Tips on Getting Tickets to the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam
We must not forget what history has taught us. History has shown us that people can be cruel, unjust, and unrestrained in their destruction of people. While in Amsterdam...
Sweet Potato Burgers
Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Freezer-Friendly, these Sweet Potato Burgers are crispy, tender, and seasoned with dill and smoked paprika.
Pumpkin Crumb Cake
Moist and perfectly spiced pumpkin cake, topped with buttery, flaky, and yummy crumbs!
Gluten Free Breakfast Oatmeal
A comforting bowl of creamy oats with homemade chia jam, nut butter, chia seeds and hot banana!
Banana Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
Banana pairs with creamy coconut milk and rich chocolate fudge in this easy-to-make vegan ice cream that contains no refined sugar.