Solving Hunger Depends on Cross-Camp Debates
On “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg,” Washington Post columnist and James Beard Award-winning writer Tamar Haspel talks about the uncomfortable public discourse that inspires her unconventional writing. “We should try to get more comfortable with discomfort. If we're talking about an issue on the ground, about agriculture, about feeding people, why should that be uncomfortable? It should be productive, it should be interesting. But it has to be kind,” says Haspel.
You can listen to “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg” on Apple iTunes , Stitcher , Google Play Music , or wherever you consume your podcasts. While you're listening, subscribe, rate, and review the show; it would mean the world to us to have your feedback.
Haspel's column Unearthed attempts to cut through divisive food-policy debates, creating a platform for people to not only express their opinions, but also learn from experts on biotech, pesticides, antibiotics, nutrition, and more. However, Haspel notes she has seen the discourse around these topics...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Helping Farmers Means Working With Them Against Poverty
- No Silver Bullet for Farmer Poverty: It's About Constant Support and Business
- Communities Deserve More than Standardized Food Policy, Says Mendelsohn
- Building a Borderless Food System in San Diego and Tijuana
- Opinion | Cutting Waste & Keeping Food Fresh with Packaging Made from Plants
- World Diabetes Day: The Food System and Human Health
- 10 Chefs Bringing Forgotten Grains Back to Life
- Large Companies Are “More Open Than I've Ever Seen Before” to Food System Change
- “Farming Is Who I Am”
- 30+ Food Leaders Convene in San Diego
- From Soil to Supper-Technology and the Food System
- At Organic Valley, Organic Takes Care of the Land and Farmers
- Can Measuring Evaporation Help Farmers Save Water?
- Earth Care, People Care, Fair Share: 19 Approaches to Permaculture Around the World
- Creating a Data Democracy in Agricultural Research
- 2018 NYC Food Tank Summit: Fireside Chat with Tim Ma and Gabriele Corcos
- Can Wasting Less Food Between the Farm and Consumer Improve Nutrition?
- Food Loves Tech Expo Brings the Future to Tastebuds
- We Need a New Economy: An Economy in Service to Life, Says Lovins
- 2018 NYC Food Tank Summit: Improving Food Recovery Panel
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Homemade salted caramel sauce sandwiched between chocolate chip cookie dough and topped with sea salt flakes. Cookie bar perfection!
Homemade Hot Apple Cider
Get cozy with this recipe for hot apple cider that you can make in your slow cooker or instant pot.
No Bake Pecan Pie Bars
Easy and healthy no bake pecan pie bars made 100% sugar free and low carb- You'd never tell!
Lusciously decadent Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese frosting are packed with pumpkin and delicious fall pumpkin pie spice flavor!
Mustard Glazed Bacon Brussel Sprout
Honey Mustard Glazed Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts! So simple to make but so tasty! The perfect holiday appetizer.
Pumpkin Spice Apple Crumble
This easy apple crumble recipe is given an extra burst of fall flavor by adding a pumpkin spice mix to the crumble topping!
Sturdy whipped cream frosting is made with heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and gelatin! Easy to make and adds a wow factor!
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Sweetened only with applesauce and a touch of maple syrup, this cranberry sauce is the perfect condiment for all your holiday dishes!
Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
Cheesy, flavorful, and stuffed with healthy veggies - these spaghetti squash burrito bowls are comfort food that's good for you!
Chicken Arugula Rice Salad
Chicken Arugula Rice Salad with sesame dressing is a protein-packed salad, you'll want to pack up for lunches all week long!