Solving Hunger Depends on Cross-Camp Debates
On “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg,” Washington Post columnist and James Beard Award-winning writer Tamar Haspel talks about the uncomfortable public discourse that inspires her unconventional writing. “We should try to get more comfortable with discomfort. If we're talking about an issue on the ground, about agriculture, about feeding people, why should that be uncomfortable? It should be productive, it should be interesting. But it has to be kind,” says Haspel.
You can listen to “Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg” on Apple iTunes , Stitcher , Google Play Music , or wherever you consume your podcasts. While you're listening, subscribe, rate, and review the show; it would mean the world to us to have your feedback.
Haspel's column Unearthed attempts to cut through divisive food-policy debates, creating a platform for people to not only express their opinions, but also learn from experts on biotech, pesticides, antibiotics, nutrition, and more. However, Haspel notes she has seen the discourse around these topics...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Meal Kit Deliveries Can Optimize the Food System, Says Uwe Voss
- Edible Acres at Powell Gardens Feed and Educate Students to Chefs
- Regenerative Organic Systems Perform Better Beyond the Field-Jeff Tkach
- Seafood Processing Water Can Help Supply the World with Protein
- The World Now Has Universal Health and Sustainability Targets
- Opinion | The Wrong Conversation about Trump's Tariffs
- Tucson Nonprofit Preserves Indigenous Foods
- Rural Migration and the Changing Face of Agriculture
- Dariush Mozaffarian: Academic Institutions Need to Act for the Food System
- Students are Building Food Recovery Across the U.S
- 19 Organizations Turning Food Waste Into Food Justice
- Greening Uganda: Restoring Native Forest Cover To Increase Local Resilience
- Uniting African Farmers Through Social Media
- Bigger Data, Smaller Farms: The Role of Big Data in Sustainable Intensification
- Samuel Fromartz: More Voices Are Exposing the Food System
- The World Food Program: Fighting Hunger With Blockchain
- 119 Organizations to Watch in 2019
- Sustainable Intensification May Be the Future of Agriculture
- 10 Awesome Austin Orgs Bringing Better Food to Schools
- Let's Look Forward Together: Food Tank in 2019
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Vegan Oreo cake
This vegan Oreo cake is absolutely perfect for a birthday party. Delicious chocolate sponges sandwiched together with Oreo buttercream.
The Essential Restaurants in Taos, New Mexico
Where to find blue corn nachos, green chile cheeseburgers, and mole-smothered tamales in the artsy Southwestern town Sitting at almost 7,000 feet above sea level, the town of...
Fajita Pete's Debuts Lighter, Brighter and Fresh New Branding
Houston-based fajita delivery chain launches new logo and website Houston, TX Fajita Pete's has launched new, refreshed and modern branding that reflects the authenticity of...
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Thick, creamy, and rich, this is the absolute BEST broccoli cheese soup EVER - vegan or not!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Pho
This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Pho is light, fragrant and totally delicious! Made from scratch and in a fraction of the time.
5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken
5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Marinades + how to serve them!
Sugar-free Nutella Cookies
Sugar-free Nutella Thumbprint Cookies with almond flour and easy peasy homemade nutella. Delicious, low-carb and gluten-free.
Whole 30 Sheet Pan Dinner
This Whole30 Chicken Thighs sheet pan dinner is an entire flavorful, healthy, and easy to make meal on one single sheet pan!
Easy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
In wintertime, when the days are shorter, a quick and easy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce is a great reminder of the long, warm days of summer.
Vegan Lentil Soup with ginger
A steaming bowl of soup that's good for the soul and the body. Lemony lentils with ginger and turmeric- a perfect winter warmer.