Ditch the Discounts This Coffee Day
September 29 is National Coffee Day in the United States, and many companies are celebrating by offering discounts and deals on coffee, or even free coffee. This year, Fairtrade America and Conservation International call on coffee drinkers to take a different path and support the farmers and workers producing their morning cup by choosing more sustainable options.
This is especially important now-the international market price for coffee has dropped below US$1 per pound, significantly lower than the cost of production, preventing farmers and workers from turning a profit. For these millions of small-scale coffee farmers struggling to feed their families and make ends meet, it is an increasingly dire situation.
Being a smallholder farmer is challenging. Their livelihoods come down to a single payday each year, and their actual salary is unknown and could vary by 100 percent. This is the reality faced by millions of coffee farmers around the world. This price volatility exacerbates the numerous challenges...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- 14 African American Women Leading Change in the U.S. Food System
- General Mills Brings Kinetic Energy to Regenerative Ag, Says Carla Vernon
- Dan Barber and Kathleen Merrigan on the Power of Deliciousness
- Drought in the Southwest Forces Food Education to Adapt
- Opinion | 5 Agricultural Practices that can make EarthDay4Insects
- Venture-Backed Technology Startup Tackles Industrial Food Waste
- Pashon Murray's Detroit Dirt and Food Waste: A Solution for Industrial Problems
- Opinion | Mindful Eating Could Rebuild Health for Communities of Color
- “The farmer is literally hedging their bets” in Eastern and Southern Africa
- Cancer Schmancer: “We Are the Boss” in Our Health Says Drescher
- Opinion | Winning on Reducing Food Waste-From SXSW to Earth Day
- The Rediscovered Food Initiative Empowers Communities With Neglected Crops
- Maxfield Kaniger's Kanbe's Markets: A Piece for the Food Insecurity Puzzle
- Cold Conundrum? Getting Nutritious Food to More People in Ethiopia
- Canada's Revised Food Guide Makes Plant-forward Suggestions
- Global Changemakers Meet in Atlanta to Address Food Security
- Climate Labels on Food to Become a Reality in Denmark
- Celebrating A Diversity of Opinions Is Key to Collaboration, Says Erin Fitzgerald
- The Youth, The Countryside, and The Future: Agri-Tech Centre in Cambodia
- 10 Orgs Highlighting the True Cost of Food
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
Kale and sweet potato salad
My kale and sweet potato salad is a wonderful vegan lunch. Full of lentils and topped with a delicious creamy dressing.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Tender, juicy pieces of shredded slow cooked pork crisped in the oven & served in warmed tortillas, this Pork Carnitas Recipe is incredible!
Instant Pot Bone Broth
This recipe uses left over chicken bones and vegetables scrapes. That's right, turn your kitchen scrape into the most delicious bone broth
30 Minute Italian Chili
Carrot Pineapple Cake
Hands down the best Carrot Cake recipe ever! This takes carrot cake to a whole new level with pineapple, walnuts, and cream cheese frosting.
Smoked Chicken Thighs
These smoked chicken thighs are coated in a homemade spice rub then cooked in a smoker to tender and flavorful perfection.
This Greek salad is a healthy week night alternative to take out when you need to get dinner on the table fast!
Easiest Chicken Salad
The easiest chicken salad recipe, plus variations that are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30!
Instant Pot Brown Rice Pudding
You're going to love how easy it is to make Instant Pot Rice Pudding. It's healthy, vegan, and dairy-free.
Easy Instant Pot Carnitas
Easy Instant Pot Carnitas are made in under and hour and make excellent tacos, burritos or rice bowls