Aquaculture Program Integrates South African Disabled Farmers into Mainstream Economy
Humanitarian organization INMED has received a grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development for expanding its Adaptive Agriculture program. The program integrates people with disabilities in the Free State Province of South Africa into the mainstream economy. INMED targets the interrelated issues that disabled citizens face, such as exclusion, food security, and nutrition by introducing aquaponics to small farmers and producers.
Free State is considered the bread basket of South Africa but also the province with the highest percentage of citizens with disabilities- 11 percent , or more than 230,000 people.
INMED South Africa and INMED Partnerships for Children will use the grant to update and install aquaponics systems for three cooperatives of farmers with disabilities in Free State. Each aquaponics system can produce approximately 26,000 kg of various greens, 4,000 kg of fruiting plants such as tomatoes and sweet peppers, and 1,900 kg of fish. The project aims at increasing the...
The last Posts from "Food Tank"
- Meal Kit Deliveries Can Optimize the Food System, Says Uwe Voss
- Edible Acres at Powell Gardens Feed and Educate Students to Chefs
- Regenerative Organic Systems Perform Better Beyond the Field-Jeff Tkach
- Seafood Processing Water Can Help Supply the World with Protein
- The World Now Has Universal Health and Sustainability Targets
- Opinion | The Wrong Conversation about Trump's Tariffs
- Tucson Nonprofit Preserves Indigenous Foods
- Rural Migration and the Changing Face of Agriculture
- Dariush Mozaffarian: Academic Institutions Need to Act for the Food System
- Students are Building Food Recovery Across the U.S
- 19 Organizations Turning Food Waste Into Food Justice
- Greening Uganda: Restoring Native Forest Cover To Increase Local Resilience
- Uniting African Farmers Through Social Media
- Bigger Data, Smaller Farms: The Role of Big Data in Sustainable Intensification
- Samuel Fromartz: More Voices Are Exposing the Food System
- The World Food Program: Fighting Hunger With Blockchain
- 119 Organizations to Watch in 2019
- Sustainable Intensification May Be the Future of Agriculture
- 10 Awesome Austin Orgs Bringing Better Food to Schools
- Let's Look Forward Together: Food Tank in 2019
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Weight Watcher Chicken Marsala
A rich brown sauce made with Marsala wine that envelopes the chicken and infuses the mushrooms forms a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes your taste buds in this episode of POV...
Jack Fruit Curry Recipe
Try Indian jack Fruit Curry Recipe. A great blend of Taste and Helth
The Essential Restaurants in Taos, New Mexico
Where to find blue corn nachos, green chile cheeseburgers, and mole-smothered tamales in the artsy Southwestern town Sitting at almost 7,000 feet above sea level, the town of...
Fajita Pete's Debuts Lighter, Brighter and Fresh New Branding
Houston-based fajita delivery chain launches new logo and website Houston, TX Fajita Pete's has launched new, refreshed and modern branding that reflects the authenticity of...
Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
Put the box away and make this homemade hamburger helper. This Instant Pot Hamburger Helper is quick and easy, and perfect for a family!
Chocolate SunButter Vegan Mini Cake
These Chocolate SunButter Vegan Mini Cakes are the ultimate definition of decadent.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Thick, creamy, and rich, this is the absolute BEST broccoli cheese soup EVER - vegan or not!
5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken
5 Easy Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Marinades + how to serve them!
GF Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins
These Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins are sweet and fruity, super easy to make and free from sugar!
Easy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
In wintertime, when the days are shorter, a quick and easy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce is a great reminder of the long, warm days of summer.
Sheet Pan Baked Almond Chicken
Sheet Pan Baked Almond Chicken Tenders and Roasted Vegetables is an easy and satisfying meal that requires minimal time and clean up!
Vegan Lentil Soup with ginger
A steaming bowl of soup that's good for the soul and the body. Lemony lentils with ginger and turmeric- a perfect winter warmer.