What to Make for Dinner When It's Too Darn Hot to Cook
At a certain point in
August, you just want to eat shrimp cocktail, over and over, and throw fiscal caution to the wind. That's summer eating for you. Grilling isn't always easy or viable. Your A/C bill doesn't seem to be going down as the months pass. You want to eat something cool, and literally without breaking a sweat .
We've got you. Think: Vietnamese summer rolls with peanut sauce, cool and ready to pluck from the fridge. Sandwiches aplenty. Shrimp and avocado. Cold salads of every stripe. Here are a few ways we love to feed ourselves without heating the place up come summertime.
Wraps and Rolls
Always keep bread handy in the summer, but consider, too, having rice paper rounds at the ready, for summer rolls brimming with cold shrimp or avocado, herbs, cucumber and lettuce. We like to have large flour tortillas handy, which we can heat in the microwave or over an open flame in a pinch, to fold them around leftover chicken, herbs, pickles, and veggies about to go bad. Add yogurt and hot...
The last Posts from "Williams Sonoma"
- 10 Kitchen Essentials to Pass Through the Generations
- Ina Garten Cooks Up Comfort
- What's Your Cookware IQ?
- 5 Influencers on the Pantry Staples They Can't Live Without
- 7 Sensational Ideas That Take Chocolate Chip Cookies Out of the Ordinary
- How to Stock a Bar Cart
- Here's What to Do With All That Watermelon
- 8 Desserts That Bypass the Stove and the Oven
- If Only You Were at a Trattoria in an Italian Piazza
- There's A Lot More to Avocados than Guacamole and Toast
- Summer Cheesecakes That Make the Most of Seasonal Fruit
- 10 Pantry Staples Our Staffers Love Most
- Haile Thomas on What “Living Lively” Can Mean for You
- Everything You Need to Know About Eggs
- 5 Dutch Oven Recipes for Campfire Cooking
- Summer Focaccia Recipes for a Season in Full Swing
- 10 Ways to Use VSOP Balsamic Vinegar
- 7 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Summer Corn
- How to Make Melon the Star of Your Summer Menu
- 5 Kitchen Projects That Will Teach You How to Cook
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Crispy Air Fryer Quesadilla
Perfectly crisp outside and a gooey, cheesy inside! This recipe for a crispy air fryer quesadilla makes a quick meal that all will love!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
This healthy, low carb Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe is a super easy and yummy zucchini dinner. Oven baked, these mini keto pizzas.
Olive + Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade
I love tapenade. It's the perfect healthy spread that is packed full of flavour. Plus, it's vegan, gluten-free + nut-free!
Homemade Sourdough Bread
Making Homemade Sourdough Bread at home with a beautifully browned Artisan crust can be simple and without kneading, complicated techniques,
Vegan Gluten-Free Pierogi
These delicious vegan and gluten-free pierogi dumplings are prepared with a no-dairy and no-egg homemade dough, and a healthy filling.
Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad
Tortellini Caprese salad is fresh, fast, and full of bright summer flavors! A simple balsamic dressing elevates these classic ingredients.
Honey Bun Cake
There's nothing like hot, cinnamon-swirled yellow cake topped with powdered sugar icing. Dessert or breakfast? Honey bun cake is both!
Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Homemade dark chocolate hot fudge sauce is a decadent, rich thick sauce perfect for topping ice cream, desserts, or straight off the spoon.
This Light-Up Hocus Pocus Mantel Scarf Features the Sanderson Sisters Flying...
Anyone that's Halloween-obsessed knows that spooky decor definitely shouldn't be limited to just the outside of your home (although we do love a great front stoop pumpkin...
Claim Jumper launches Steakhouse Menu with new Prime Steaks
San Diego, CA In celebration of restaurant dining rooms opening back up, Claim Jumper has stepped up their steak game with Prime Steaks on their new Steakhouse menu. The...