Recipes That Will Make You a Better Baker
More of a cook than a baker? If you're one of the folks who has said this for a while, let this be the year you give the latter a shot. With a decent kitchen scale , you'll find that everything gets faster, more accurate, and cleaner, to boot. And although some say cooking is an art and baking is a science, we'd quibble that there's room for creativity in the latter, too. You can dot focaccia with olives, herbs or garlic. Use whatever kind of buttercream you love the most in a layer cake. Bake your bread until it's bien cuit or just enough.
Here are five delicious, tried-and-true recipes that will almost assuredly make a baker of you!
1. Irish Scones
Irish scones are a world apart from the dry, pucklike ones you might have tried at a café. Our writer had to go to the Emerald Isle itself for the recipe of her dreams, courtesy of the Ballymaloe Cookery School. She gleaned tips like grating the butter, all the better for it to...
The last Posts from "Williams Sonoma"
- 5 Chefs' Recipes That Stand the Test of Time
- 10 Peak-Season Summer Tomato Recipes You Won't Want to Miss
- 10 Kitchen Essentials to Pass Through the Generations
- Ina Garten Cooks Up Comfort
- What's Your Cookware IQ?
- 5 Influencers on the Pantry Staples They Can't Live Without
- 7 Sensational Ideas That Take Chocolate Chip Cookies Out of the Ordinary
- How to Stock a Bar Cart
- Here's What to Do With All That Watermelon
- 8 Desserts That Bypass the Stove and the Oven
- If Only You Were at a Trattoria in an Italian Piazza
- There's A Lot More to Avocados than Guacamole and Toast
- Summer Cheesecakes That Make the Most of Seasonal Fruit
- 10 Pantry Staples Our Staffers Love Most
- Haile Thomas on What “Living Lively” Can Mean for You
- Everything You Need to Know About Eggs
- 5 Dutch Oven Recipes for Campfire Cooking
- Summer Focaccia Recipes for a Season in Full Swing
- 10 Ways to Use VSOP Balsamic Vinegar
- 7 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Summer Corn
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Hungry Howie's Opens Location in Ann Arbor
National Pizza Franchise Increases Presence with Ann Arbor Location Ann Arbor, MI Hungry Howie's Pizza , originator of the Flavored Crust® pizza, announces the grand opening of...
Cherry Ice Cream
This easy and delicious ice cream is made with fresh cherries, roasted with kirsch, mixed into a creamy custard base.
Coconut & Caramelized Banana Toast
This coconut and caramelized banana french toast is mildly flavored with coconut milk and topped with delicious caramelized bananas
Easy No-Churn Ice Cream
Easy no-churn ice cream recipe loaded with edible chocolate chip cookie dough
Mini Pina Colada Cheesecakes
A graham cracker crust, a creamy pineapple coconut cheesecake, and a crunchy toasted coconut topping or whipped cream, gluten free option.
Brioche French Toast
This is the BEST Brioche French Toast! This recipe is easy to make and makes a perfect meal for breakfast and brunch!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
This healthy and easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken is a quick dump and go recipe made with chicken breast, salsa, canned black beans, canned
Homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream
We love ending our summer nights with this homemade cookie dough ice cream. It's gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
Recipe Round-Up: Big Vegan
Finishing out some more recipes I have made from Big Vegan, by Robin Asbell. You can see the rest of my posts from this book here . Tibetan Beef Fried Noodles: The recipe calls...
Bipartisan Group of Senators Urge For Repeal of Tariffs on European Wine...
On Friday, a bipartisan group of 13 U.S. senators sent a letter to the U.S. Trade Representatives Office pleading to remove the tariffs currently impacting certain European...