How to Use Up Your Zucchini Bumper Crop
Archaeologists have traced the humble zucchini to Mexico in 7000 B.C., when it was an integral part of a diet of maize and beans. So the next time you feel overwhelmed by the bounty of the verdant squash in your garden, consider its incredible origin story.
As gardeners know, zucchini grows pretty much like a weed this time of year. Some folks produce such comical amounts that we even have a “ National Sneak Some Zucchini on to Your Neighbor's Porch Day .” If you can't give it all away, or don't want to do so, here are seven savory squash recipes to get you excited about it all over again.
1. Shaved Zucchini Salad With Lemon and Mint
Look how lovely zucchini can be! You're going to want your best mandoline or soft vegetable peeler and only 15 minutes of your time to make this beauty. It's as simple as ribboning zucchini, tossing it with lemon, olive oil, mint, salt and pepper, and serving. Garnish with Parmesan crumbles and edible flowers, if you've got 'em.
The last Posts from "Williams Sonoma"
- 5 Chefs' Recipes That Stand the Test of Time
- 10 Peak-Season Summer Tomato Recipes You Won't Want to Miss
- 10 Kitchen Essentials to Pass Through the Generations
- Ina Garten Cooks Up Comfort
- What's Your Cookware IQ?
- 5 Influencers on the Pantry Staples They Can't Live Without
- 7 Sensational Ideas That Take Chocolate Chip Cookies Out of the Ordinary
- How to Stock a Bar Cart
- Here's What to Do With All That Watermelon
- 8 Desserts That Bypass the Stove and the Oven
- If Only You Were at a Trattoria in an Italian Piazza
- There's A Lot More to Avocados than Guacamole and Toast
- Summer Cheesecakes That Make the Most of Seasonal Fruit
- 10 Pantry Staples Our Staffers Love Most
- Haile Thomas on What “Living Lively” Can Mean for You
- Everything You Need to Know About Eggs
- 5 Dutch Oven Recipes for Campfire Cooking
- Summer Focaccia Recipes for a Season in Full Swing
- 10 Ways to Use VSOP Balsamic Vinegar
- 7 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Summer Corn
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Hungry Howie's Opens Location in Ann Arbor
National Pizza Franchise Increases Presence with Ann Arbor Location Ann Arbor, MI Hungry Howie's Pizza , originator of the Flavored Crust® pizza, announces the grand opening of...
Coconut & Caramelized Banana Toast
This coconut and caramelized banana french toast is mildly flavored with coconut milk and topped with delicious caramelized bananas
Easy No-Churn Ice Cream
Easy no-churn ice cream recipe loaded with edible chocolate chip cookie dough
Gluten-Free Scoopable Cheesecake
Gluten-free cheesecake that is easy to bake. A delicious crustless recipe baked without a springform pan. Just scoop and add toppings.
Brioche French Toast
This is the BEST Brioche French Toast! This recipe is easy to make and makes a perfect meal for breakfast and brunch!
Tandoori Chicken Slow Cooker
This healthy tandoori chicken slow cooker freezer meal is one of my most popular dishes! Simple dinner that pleases a crowd.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
This healthy and easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken is a quick dump and go recipe made with chicken breast, salsa, canned black beans, canned
Gluten Free Date Squares
Thick, soft and wonderfully gooey gluten free date squares. Naturally gluten free with vegan and oat free options available!
Recipe Round-Up: Big Vegan
Finishing out some more recipes I have made from Big Vegan, by Robin Asbell. You can see the rest of my posts from this book here . Tibetan Beef Fried Noodles: The recipe calls...
Restaurant Owners Describe Their New Reality
“I was literally about to start the process of trying to set up my restaurant this year, and this all happened,” says Sarah Moody. Commiserating in a similar catch-22 is Yuka...