How to Make Melon the Star of Your Summer Menu
Thunk, thunk. It's melon season, and thank goodness! Nothing is easier to serve a hungry child , and nearly nothing- margaritas and ice cream aside-takes the edge off the dog days of summer quite so well. So look for fat, gorgeous melons on roadside stands or at the farmers' market.
Here's how to hunt, the tools you need, and how to enjoy these seasonal beauties.
Choosing and Storing:
Look for ripe melons with a strong, sweet fragrance that give slightly when pressed at both ends. (A fully ripe melon may have tiny cracks at the stem end.) Select orbs that are heavy for their size and free of deep blemishes, shriveled peel or soft, moldy areas. Keep an eye peeled for a large, pale yellow patch on one side of a watermelon, indicating it was left on the vine to ripen, and is therefore likely to be sweeter. To select the juiciest melons, knock on one and listen for a deep resonance. (It's fun, and you'll look like you know what you're doing!)
The last Posts from "Williams Sonoma"
- 10 Kitchen Essentials to Pass Through the Generations
- Ina Garten Cooks Up Comfort
- What's Your Cookware IQ?
- 5 Influencers on the Pantry Staples They Can't Live Without
- 7 Sensational Ideas That Take Chocolate Chip Cookies Out of the Ordinary
- How to Stock a Bar Cart
- Here's What to Do With All That Watermelon
- 8 Desserts That Bypass the Stove and the Oven
- If Only You Were at a Trattoria in an Italian Piazza
- There's A Lot More to Avocados than Guacamole and Toast
- Summer Cheesecakes That Make the Most of Seasonal Fruit
- 10 Pantry Staples Our Staffers Love Most
- Haile Thomas on What “Living Lively” Can Mean for You
- Everything You Need to Know About Eggs
- 5 Dutch Oven Recipes for Campfire Cooking
- Summer Focaccia Recipes for a Season in Full Swing
- 10 Ways to Use VSOP Balsamic Vinegar
- 7 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Summer Corn
- 5 Kitchen Projects That Will Teach You How to Cook
The headlines of Food Drink Buzz
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients How to make...
How to make Delicious Oreo IceCream with 3 ingredients | Homemade Oreo Icecream Recipe |No Egg ====================================================== Oreo ice cream is...
Air Fryer Blueberry Bagels
How to make easy blueberry bagels in an air fryer. This is a quick way to make bagels without boiling them.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
This healthy, low carb Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe is a super easy and yummy zucchini dinner. Oven baked, these mini keto pizzas.
Homemade Sourdough Bread
Making Homemade Sourdough Bread at home with a beautifully browned Artisan crust can be simple and without kneading, complicated techniques,
Vegan Gluten-Free Pierogi
These delicious vegan and gluten-free pierogi dumplings are prepared with a no-dairy and no-egg homemade dough, and a healthy filling.
Yummy Chopped Caprese Salad
Fresh & simple, this chopped Caprese salad is easy to prepare & will be a crowd-pleaser. Mozzarella, tomatoes, basil & kale: a yummy salad!
Powdered Sugar doesn't have to be store-bought! Learn how to make Powdered Sugar at home using the sugar of your choice!
Rocky Road Ice Cream
This Easy Rocky Road Ice Cream is rich, creamy chocolate ice cream, loaded with marshmallows and almonds. No special appliance needed!
Claim Jumper launches Steakhouse Menu with new Prime Steaks
San Diego, CA In celebration of restaurant dining rooms opening back up, Claim Jumper has stepped up their steak game with Prime Steaks on their new Steakhouse menu. The...
This Massive 6-Foot Jack-in-the-Box Halloween Decoration Is Legit Terrifying...
Want to have the scariest Halloween decor on the block? Then you'll probably want to invest in this 6-Foot Animated LED Jack-in-the-Box Halloween Decoration from The Home...
No-Bake Peanut Butter Tart
A rich and indulgent dessert for those summer days when you just can't turn the oven on. PB, cream cheese, chocolate and pretzels abound!